aboutus

Serving Seymour Arm locals and visitors since 1963.

Located at the North end of the Shuswap Lake, Seymour Arm is home to the original floating general store that opened its doors for business in the spring of 1963 and was owned and operated by Alf Daniels. He was raised in Seymour Arm and ran the store for 44 years, originally selling Fuel and Fishing Tackle to locals and guests. There are many vacationers that still remember having a summer job with the store and having to hand pump the gas from an old, manual gas pump.

In 2007, the Kriese family bought the store and invested in upgrading both the store and the nearby land, then in 2015 expanded the marina to better serve the boating community. It was with great pride and joy that they ran it for 9 years until selling it to the present owners. Markus and Kaarina Schrott also have local ties to the area as Markus spent part of his childhood in Seymour Arm, and attended the local school house that ran out of the community hall back in the 1980’s.

Seymour Arm, originally Ogden City, was recognized as a Gold Rush town in 1865 with over 5000 visitors heading to the Big Bend Gold Rush hoping to strike it rich! Wiped out by a forest fire the town was not rebuilt until the early 1900’s and was then renamed Seymour Arm.

The area is now a bustling recreational community with over 300 seasonal properties and many locals and guests that visit the soft, white sand beach of the local Provincial Park, Silver Beach. There are many things to participate in during the summer months including the Summer Sizzler (a slow pitch tournament every August Long Weekend), a weekly Farmers Market and even an ongoing game of Horseshoes every Sunday in the Park.

The store has always been the hub of the community and provides a Liquor Store, Fresh Groceries, Souvenirs, Propane refills, Fuel (both vehicle and marine) and Wi Fi/Cellular reception to the locals and guests of the area. Some new services now available are Kayak and Paddleboard rentals for cruising the local bay!

Come by for a visit! We’d love to meet you!

About Us

Serving Seymour Arm locals and visitors since 1963.

Located at the North end of the Shuswap Lake, Seymour Arm is home to the original floating general store that opened its doors for business in the spring of 1963 and was owned and operated by Alf Daniels. He was raised in Seymour Arm and ran the store for 44 years, originally selling Fuel and Fishing Tackle to locals and guests. There are many vacationers that still remember having a summer job with the store and having to hand pump the gas from an old, manual gas pump.

Read More

 

Join Our Mailing List

© 2023 by Going Places. Proudly created with Wix.com